Total Blog Views

Friday, September 21, 2012

Value Portraits



1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
First we outlined the shapes of the persons' actual face. Then we traced the picture onto our sketch books. Finally, we shaded and blended the pictures.

2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
I drew a value scale on one of my pages. I then gave them numbers the higher the number, the darker the shade. I determined which of the shadows was which shade

3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
Yes I did. To do this I assigned different amounts of shade to different areas. I then blended to make the picture look lifelike.

4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
Yes, I believe it is. I think I did a good job shading and blending. Overall, I think this picture is pretty lifelike

5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
I originally didnt know how to blend the shades and how to make them look lifelike. So, I used a stump, a blending tool, and got some good shading.

No comments:

Post a Comment