Tuesday, December 11, 2012
I feel that this project turned out decently but there are many things that I would have improved on if I would have had more time. For instance, while I like how the colors turned out, I think I could have put more detail and realistic shape to the shadows of the various pieces. I also think that the, addition of various pieces and their placments added to the overall composition of the picture. From this piece, I learned the different ways to draw different points of view.
Monday, November 19, 2012
1. Explain how you changed your photo in the lab to create a stencil.
- In the computer lab, I used photoshop to take my desired picture (Silence of the Lambs Movie Poster), change the threshold to create a black and white copy of the picture which thus changed the contrast and created lots of positive and negative space.
2. When creating the collage background explain your choices of colors, materials (magazine paper, books pages, etc), and placement. How does it relate to your topic? If no relation discuss general idea.
- I chose these certain pictures as a background collage because they depicted somewhat dark themed pictures, just like the movies dark themes. And it offered a good relatable color to the stencil.
3. Discuss the way positive and negative space was used to create your stencil.
4. When using the xacto knife, explain the safety procedures, how to use the knife and any challenges you had to overcome while cutting.
- When using an Xacto Knife, one must remember to cut away from themselves when creating the composition.
5. How was your experience with the spray paint? Discuss how color choice is important, placement of stencil, and any other concepts you noticed while creating this.
- I chose a dark spray paint because throughout the movie, the themes are dark and gloomy.
Monday, October 22, 2012
1. Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
I think my print embodied a good mixture of texture and color with a good balance of positive and negative space which all added together to create a life-like print.
2. How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
I added texture by carving a combination of lines and other shapes into the tree and the rhino itself. Texture is important for a print because it adds a sense of realisticness that otherwise would not be present.
3. Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
I found that having a black print surrounded by white space worked the best for outlining and defining the print.
4. Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
I think that this print is particularly well executed because it really captures the texture present on a tree and a rhino.
5. Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
This seems to be the one area that I seem to not have accomplished. In this print, everything is in the foreground and all in one frame.
6. Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
Thursday, October 4, 2012
1. Why is texture so important to have in your sketches?
Texture adds an extrasense of reality by the picture/print and makes it more believable.
2. Why is it neccessary for you to have several references of each animal and each background? Explain.
By having this, we can get a sense of the animal's habitat and what to expect from a realistic looking print
3. When you look at your sketches are you able to see which sketch is the strongest and will make the best print? How do you know this?
Yes, i can tell which print would be the strongest because it has the best texture and background
1. Explain your experience working on a team and executing your ideas for the mural.
By working as a team we had to join our ideas and talk together to create the best possible picture
2. Explain the importance of collaboration when working on a team.
Our team, while working together, was able to get more work done and get more area covered
3. How successful was this project? Explain how and why.
I believe that this was really succsessful because our picture looks quite realistic.
4. Explain how you feel about creating artwork that others can interact with. Ex. Invoving the whole school?
I think that it is cool that everyone can experience our picture and appreciate it like we do.
Friday, September 21, 2012
1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
First we outlined the shapes of the persons' actual face. Then we traced the picture onto our sketch books. Finally, we shaded and blended the pictures.
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
I drew a value scale on one of my pages. I then gave them numbers the higher the number, the darker the shade. I determined which of the shadows was which shade
3. Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait? How?
Yes I did. To do this I assigned different amounts of shade to different areas. I then blended to make the picture look lifelike.
4. Describe your craftsmanship. Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
Yes, I believe it is. I think I did a good job shading and blending. Overall, I think this picture is pretty lifelike
5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
I originally didnt know how to blend the shades and how to make them look lifelike. So, I used a stump, a blending tool, and got some good shading.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
|The original picture from which the drawing below is based off of.|
|My interpretation of what the Minion's skeleton would hve looked like based on the picture above.|