Friday, May 30, 2014
Thursday, May 29, 2014
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Monday, March 10, 2014
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
For this project, I tried to take a picture of Snoopy and give him the effect of walking. The end result was more of a break dancing dog but nevertheless, the moving effect was somewhat achieved. The hardest part was the re-creation of Snoopy's feet which proved hard to keep at a single size which somewhat lead to the "dancing effect"
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Franck Ribery as Patrick Star:
The objective of this project was to take a celebrity or an athlete and make them look like a cartoon character. For my specific work, I took world famous soccer player, Franck Ribery, and used the warp tool to shape his head in the same likeness of Patrick Star, from Spongebob. I then selected the head portion and used the hue/saturation tool to give him the pink hue of Patrick
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
This was the edited picture. I changed the hair color, eye color, and brought out the eyes and lips. Also, all blemishes were removed and the skin color was lightened/softened.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Retouch Part 1
This tutorial taught us how to remove blemishes from the skin and to soften the look in the process. Through a variety of cutting and softening techniques,. various attributes were added and removed to create an almost new looking person.
This project dealt with the use of various shapes and sizes of paint splats and their incorporation into a picture to seem as if they were actually a part of it. This picture is of 2 of my favorite soccer players. I used the spray-like splats to create an effect of an impact splatter as the foot of one player struck the other. The spray gives an effect of motion and seem as though the splats came off of the player as he was kicked.
Friday, February 7, 2014
This project was to create a new animal out of the combination of several animals. That is exactly what I did through this creation. This picture is comprised of a horse, a duck, a the pelt of a white tiger. The result, while somewhat creepy, it pretty well in its composition to create a new looking animal
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
This project dealt with the introduction of the warp tool and its use with morphing one picture to fit another. In this picture, an image of an elephant had paint splatters morphed onto it and darkened to give the effect of an elephant covered in paint. The morphing was simple as the contours of the elephants' trunk were fairly straight forward and easy to maneuver.
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
This project dealt with hue saturation, inverse, and the cropping and transforming of various layers. To complete this project, 2 original pictures were needed, one of myself, and one of a skeleton. The picture of me was never altered while all the other elements were tailored to fit inside of the frame, to give the impression of an x-ray. At the end, an arrow is added to the xray to create a humorous effect.
Monday, February 3, 2014
This project dealt with multiple layers and the use of colors while blending. To create the desired effect, several layers of the same picture were created until one was colored over and then blended in to the rest. This project was simple yet still pretty cool
This picture is composed of 2 separate pictures and was my first time freely working with layers. I took a picture of me at a lake in Kentucky, where my grandparents live, and I tried to incorporate a picture of the Loch Ness Monster. Suitable pictures of the monster were hard to find but I feel like the end result was fairly good. However, some of the shadows got messed up when I tried to alternate them and, if I had more time, I would have spent more time fixing them to add a better look to the picture.
Monday, January 27, 2014
This was our second project with Photoshop and involved the cutting, cropping, and re positioning of various images to blend and combine into one. Some new concepts we learned were the use of the stamp tool which copies the texture and color of one object onto another. This is seen in the frog as the color of the tongue was copied to make the frog seem like a part of the original picture.
First project for Computer Art I. We learned how to use different tools such as the liquify ability. This picture is a combination of a picture of pancakes and the mouth of a fish. This was the first time we had worked with layers on a Photoshop document and editing on several levels to compose one picture.