1. Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
I think my print embodied a good mixture of texture and color with a good balance of positive and negative space which all added together to create a life-like print.
2. How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
I added texture by carving a combination of lines and other shapes into the tree and the rhino itself. Texture is important for a print because it adds a sense of realisticness that otherwise would not be present.
3. Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
I found that having a black print surrounded by white space worked the best for outlining and defining the print.
4. Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
I think that this print is particularly well executed because it really captures the texture present on a tree and a rhino.
5. Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
This seems to be the one area that I seem to not have accomplished. In this print, everything is in the foreground and all in one frame.
6. Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?